Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Bruge Day Trip

[February 25-27]

Everyone stayed in Brussels the last weekend of February because we had a scheduled day trip on Friday to Bruge.  After five straight weekends of traveling Thursday to Sunday it was nice to have a break.  In addition everyone had been traveling to different places on the weekends so we were all excited to actually spend a weekend together!
We all met at nine o'clock on Friday morning and took a one hour train to Bruge. It is another city in Belgium that is absolutely adorable.  There are cute little houses everywhere and it has a ton of shops and restaurants.  A tour guide walked us around for a little more than an hour pointing out historical sites and giving us the history of the city.  We then had the second half of the day to wander ourselves.  Laura, Tricia and I enjoyed a nice lunch and then explored the shops.  We purchased some Belgian chocolates that looked too scrumptious to pass up – and Belgian chocolates really are the best.  Unfortunately the weather was slightly gloomy outside so I am definitely looking forward to going back in April when my family comes to visit!! There were several places where our tour guide mentioned that flowers fill the fields in the spring and I am anxious to see them all =)
In addition to being a break from our travels it was convenient to stay in Brussels because it was the weekend before our finals. I was taking three classes the first two month session and had my accounting, marketing, and economics final the following week. None of us wanted to believe that our semester was already at its halfway point. Following our finals week however was our weeklong spring break so we were all super excited about that!  In addition the second two month session I only have one class that meets Monday and Wednesdays for two and a half hours and then my online class, much easier than the first session to say the least.
I definitely enjoyed relaxing in Brussels for the weekend and got a chance to spend time with the other students in our program as well as explore more of the country we live in. In addition my roommates and I were able to organize and prepare ourselves for our spring break extravaganza in Italy J

Canal

Main square of city
Roomies

No comments:

Post a Comment